As you know, the Saturday card making fest went off with a bang. What you don’t know is that in between all that creating we all enjoyed some coffee, biscuits and home baking in the hall kitchen.
Two recipes have been requested so I thought it best to share them here on the blog. They are both perfect for morning tea, parties and of course Christmas pressies for teachers!
Steph’s Coconut Macaroons
It’s from the Foodtown magazine, Nov/Dec 2007 issue (I think). As you’ll see I don’t pipe them into fingers, but just put spoonfuls on the baking tray, and I actually prefer them without chocolate.
Kate’s Mum’s Mars Bar Slice
6 Mars bars
4 cups Rice bubbles
1 pkt dark chocolate melts
25 g butter
1) Chop Mars Bars roughly and place in a large pot with butter.
2) Stir over heat till melted
3) Quickly add Rice bubbles and blend together well.
4) Put the mixture into a shallow tin (18cmx18cm) and press into place.
5) For the topping, gently melt butter and chocolate melts in microwave or in a basin over water.
6) Ice slice with topping. Slice into strips or triangles when set and store in fridge or sealed container.